Saturday, January 3, 2009

What if?

There are so many mean and sarcastic things I'd like to write today - especially about pediatricians. However, in the spirit of the Holiday's I've felt the urge to just forgive and move on for the time being. This feeling of peace and kindness got me thinking about the "What ifs?" of forgiveness. For example, What if we just forgave the people that planned and executed the tragic events of September 11th?! I'm not saying I necessarily can, I'm just asking a hypothetical. Would Bin Laden have carried out more attacks on the US? Or would he have stayed in hiding? What if we had never went to war in Iraq? Imagine that we cleaned up our lives, announced to the world that we forgive them for their cruelty and went on living. Would terrorists have gotten bored with America and found a new target to try and bully? It's no fun picking on someone that you can't get a reaction from. Maybe they would of tried again? We just don't know for sure. That's a story for an alternte universe! (Google the word "fractal" - don't quote me on the spelling - it's a blog coming up soon)

That brought me to think of the bullying on a different scale. Pedophiles and rapists are bully's of a different kind. I, myself have been a victim of a sexual predator. What if I just let all the scary, sad and insecure feelings melt away in this new found inspiration of peace. Does that empower the rapist? I don't think so. I believe it empowers me!

To a certain extent this topic was brought to my fore thought by recognizing how many people blame everyone else for their problems. We blame terrorists for our war, parents for our mental issues and loved one's for our bad days. Let's take a minute to acknowledge our own mood swings, emotions and actions. Ready to make the change?? Breath in! Breath out!
Forgive, Love and Live!!

I love you all!! Happy New Year!!